Dr Norazaliza Mohd Jamil
Faculty of Industrial Sciences & Technology,
Universiti Malaysia Pahang,
Lebuhraya Tun Razak, 26300 Gambang, Kuantan, Pahang.
Mathematical Modeling and Simulation: The research is on the mathematical modeling and simulation using current softwares such as COMSOL and ANSYS Fluent.
Computation of complex biological systems: Study the behavior of physical process in biology and chemistry via mathematical techniques such as mathematical analysis, asymptotic analysis, and numerical methods.
- Computational Fluid Dynamic and Rheology of Complex Fluid
- Multi-scale Modeling: Interested in developing a mathematical model of a complex system that consist of several scales (microscopic, mesoscopi, and macroscopic).
- Renewable energy and Biofuel production: The main research interest is on the area of renewable energy from mathematics point of view, where the biofuel and transportation fuel are produced from biomass sources.
- Interdisciplinary Research: The meeting point of several fields i.e. Applied Mathematics, Chemical Engineering, and Biotechnology particularly in renewable energy problem.
PhD (Applied and Computational Mathematics), University of South Carolina, USA, May 2015.
MSc (Mathematics), University Teknologi Malaysia, 2008.
BSc (Mathematics) with First Class Honours, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, 2005.
- May 2015 – present: Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Industrial Sciences & Technology, Universiti Malaysia Pahang.
- May 2012 – July 2013: Research Assistant, Department of Mathematics, University of South Carolina.
July 2009 – April 2015: Lecturer, Faculty of Industrial Sciences & Technology, Universiti Malaysia Pahang.
- July 2008 – July 2009: Tutor, Faculty of Industrial Sciences & Technology, Universiti Malaysia Pahang.
June 2005 – June 2008: Tutor, Faculty of Computer Systems & Software Engineering, Universiti Malaysia Pahang.
- May 2004 – August 2004: Research Assistant, Faculty of Science, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia.
Contribution to society:
- Text and Solutions Manual Review for PME Club, University of South Carolina, 2012.
- AJK Olimpiad Matematik Kebangsaan, Malaysia, 2010.
- SIAM (Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics)
Involvement in sports:
- Netball competition for staff (University level), 2006.
- Kayak competition (College level), 2005.
Norazaliza Mohd Jamil earned her Bachelor of Science (Mathematics) with first class honours from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) in 2005. She joined the Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP) faculty in June 2005 as a tutor. Her Master of Science degree in Mathematics from UTM was awarded in 2008. In 2009, she was awarded the position “Lecturer” given by UMP. She joined the doctoral program in Mathamatics at the University of South Carolina in 2010. Norazaliza was a recipient of a scholarship from the Ministry of Education Malaysia for both her Master and PhD study. Her research focuses on mathematical modeling and simulation of a complex fluid system that is the core of the renewable energy research. In this system, she is establishing a new mathematical model for simulating the process of making ethanol via catalytic reaction of biomass.